In episode 2 of StratChat, Alex Osterwalder and I chat about the danger of outsourcing the validation of your ideas. You simply can't hire an outside professional to test and learn from customer interactions when searching for a value proposition and business model. You have to roll up your sleeves and do the hard work of getting to know your audience. Listen in as Alex explains how a company can change this habit.
Alex and I had been reviewing a blog post together when the idea for this StratChat episode popped into his head. He was excited to discuss a habit that he's seen in many big companies, and it's something we thought was important to get down on tape. We chat about:
- Alex's definition of "outsourcing the validation of your ideas"
- Where this habit exists in large companies
- The dangers of outsourcing your testing and learning
- How companies can transform this habit by creating an "invention space"
- Our suggestion for a leader of that invention space--The Chief Entrepreneur
Alexander Osterwalder, co-founder of Strategyzer (@AlexOsterwalder)
Kavi Guppta (@kaviguppta)
A Void by Johnny Ripper