In this StratChat episode, Strategyzer co-founder Alex Osterwalder explains how business plans are just the wrong tool for the job when validating new business ideas. Alex offers concrete tips and advice on how to move away from business planning; and instead, embrace a process of agile and cheap experimentation.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why business plans come later on during execution, not exploration
- Trusting experiments over experts
- How to sell experimentation to leadership that prefers business plans
- Examples of companies that failed with early stage business planning
- How to present evidence instead of a plan to leadership, investors, bankers, etc